Thursday, March 5, 2009

One CRAZY week!!!

So... recently we have been very busy preparing packages for CVBs all over the country. We are including a letter introducing our product, a complimentary CityPass, business cards and also a brochure for the city they are in. We distribute 300 media comp packages every season to each city we have a product for. The purpose of these media comps is to get visiting media to use our product and then write about it.
Creating these, despite them being very small, is a very time consuming project. First, my boss and I had to write and proof a letter for each city. As soon as we prepared all of the letters, we had to get them copied. We always copy onto our seasonal letterhead. Then we tri-folded all of the letters (there were 3300 of them, so this was no small task!) and began preparing the kits. This year, we created new packaging which looks great, but it takes forever to put together! There are so many pieces to put together in order to complete the packaging. I will say though, that our new ideas and designs made our product a lot more attractive.
Well, I won't say much more about this project, I will try to post some pictures of the completed project! What I will say is, this was the longest and most tedious project I have ever worked on. I know now how much work really goes into public relations and marketing. Hopefully it pays off and we get a lot of media coverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment