
Re ticketing is such a crazy process! It feels so wasteful, but I know it is necessary.
Every year, we update our product and include new, helpful tips, and also new attractions and therefore need to create new ticket booklets and brochures. We currently have a lot of brochures and ticket booklets currently in stock in our office, though, so first we must destroy them. This is one of those entirely unglamorous jobs that you do not think about when you are dreaming up your future career! With the ticket booklets themselves, I have to remove all of the covers by tearing them off. With the first hundred it is no big deal, but when you have well over a thousand, it gets a little old. Next we have to go through our brochures. Since some of them are not changing, we have to carefully read through and figure out which will need to be edited and replaced and then then destroy them as well. We are not re ticketing every city immediately, some are OK until late May, so we have to make sure to keep those cities' materials separate from the new stuff. I finished clearing everything out and reorganizing everything for the new stuff to be put in and then I needed to refill our stock.
Unfortunately, our main office mixed up delivery dates and did not send us our portion of the new tickets and brochures. Because we already destroyed our old stuff, we are unable to send out media comps and take care of a lot of the CVB's who are in need of their new stock! I did call today though, and they said everything should be in in the next two days...Thank Goodness!!!
What a task! Last week I had to go through the MWR warehouse, organizing about 75 boxes of yearly files from 2002-2008. I also had to remove all of the boxes from 2001 for shredding purposes (I'm so glad I don't have that task!)
ReplyDelete